Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Well,
It has been a while since I've blogged! I have to say I've missed it, but I've enjoyed an afternoon reading and getting an update from everyone else!

Last Monday July 13th, Kevin and I left early for Colorado. We had a big day planned, since Kevin was actually going to Colorado for work and I was just going to tag along. Monday was our only full day without classes, so we landed around 7:30 got in our awesome car-pics later-and drove to Manitou Springs for a trip up the cog railway to Pikes Peak.

Here we are ontop...it felt SOOOOOO FREAKING GOOD!! A storm was coming, so we took our pictures really quick then left for the gift shop and then for our trip back down the mountain.

After our trip up the mountain, we went to The Cave of Winds...it was neat, but nothing amazing...and they took our picture for us, however it didn't turn out so well...but Kevin has proudly displayed it on our fridge:).
We then headed for the Garden of the Gods...it was beautiful!! We had a lot of fun hiking around...yes I hiked...not as much as Kevin would have prob. liked...but he was a trooper, hanging in with me as I trekked ever so slowly along..haha
If we would have waited just a tad...or taken this before the sun, you could see Pikes Peak in the background.
Here is a nice belly shot..haha..Tristin's first big trip!!

We headed back to Denver after this stop and found our Hotel room, food, and went to crash. I was soooooooooooo very tired. But we had a lot of fun!

Thee next morning, I slept in, met Kevin for lunch,and then read out by the pool. When Kevin was finished..we headed to Red Rocks for an afternoon of small hiking and looking.
We went back to town for a bite, and then back to the hotel!!!

The next morning, I took Kevin to his class, and then left to go to the Molly Brown museum downtown. It was very interesting-and I enjoyed this time. I drove back to meet Kevin for lunch, and then sit by the pool and read. This afternoon, we drove to Estes Park. It was soooo nice!! We had a lot of fun here, and would love to go back. We don't have a pic from my digital from here..so sorry..

Happy Anniversary!!! 4 YEARS...The next morning we repeated our steps but I went to the Nature and Science museum. It was very interesting! I liked it a lot. When Kevin finished, we headed downtown to a park, and then to dinner on 16th Street..it was lots of fun....Here we are at one of the 200 parks in Denver....

The next morning....we woke up and followed our morning ritual once more, but at 11 Kevin was done with class. We took this time to make a few quick stops here and there, eat lunch..and then dive our cool car back to enterprise.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Mrs. Ulrich... You are so stinkin' cute I can't hardly stand it. Glad you got to enjoy some cooler weather! Are you still wearing the same jeans??? UGH! You're the perfect preggo girl. Also, I have Mimi Taylor in my post bach. classes at TLU. She said she knew you... small world.

Take care:)

ajphillips said...

I noticed you were following our blog so I'm going to add you to my list too! Congratulations on the baby!