Wednesday, July 1, 2009

One project down, many more to go

As I was watching HGTV a few weeks ago, I got a great idea from a show, where they made a collage of artwork through fun old items. As I sat back and thought, I wondered-where could I put something of this sort in our house, without having to rearrange to much and make Kevin mad by changing the look of yet another room.

As I pondered, I walked into Tristin's room, with yet a still black wall-which don't get me wrong I had found a few things to place up, but hadn't gotten around to it. Thats when it hit me...his name. Now Kevin isn't tooo big on putting Tristin's name up on a wall-he thinks it is kinda girly-but I told myself I could find a way for him to like it.
When I visited Kevin last week for lunch, Inoticed an old scrap peice of wood-and asked him if it was of any use. He said-it wasn't, that it came from a crate that was shipped to them, and he just took it apart-b/c Kevin doesn't waste anything!! He brought it home on Monday and cut it down to size, and on Tuesday I started to work. I got everything done, but hanging it on the wall-b/c Kevin was tooo tired to help, and I knew I'd get SUPER frustrated if I tried myslef. So up it went today. Here are a few pictures,and a few pictures of his room. We've got a little more to work on, but it is almost complete!

3 comments:

Mary said...

soo cute!! is that the cocalo cooperstown bedding? we loved that one and almost went with it! love the room!

cheri said...

So cute! I'm so glad you and Kevin like to "make" such cute things. I'm betting Tristen will be the cutest of all the things you will have ever made! Love you!

cheri said...

Oops! Tristin...sorry!