Monday, October 12, 2009

It is about time!!



So I'm not as good as Mary on updating my blog as I got home from the hospital, or really posting pictures asap(you go girl). I have my wonderful sister and mother for that. Thanks girls!!

What a wonderful 12 days we've spent with our little wonder! Tristin Hunter Ulrich has been the best blessing in our lives since..we'll for 9 months he's been a blessing, but an even bigger blessing since October 1st.

October 1st 2009, Tristin was born at 5:09 pm. (Our funny nurse guessed the right time... :) ) He was 7lbs 12 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. Pure perfection!!! I didn't know how happy one could feel the second we saw him. His dad was so proud, and a HUGE help during the entire labor!! I didn't have to give him one dirty look..haha!! He kept me grounded and focused!

I originally didn't want to hold my child right after he came out-but I couldn't wait for him to be plopped on my belly so I could see his beatiful face. I very quickly knew he was going to take after his dad. He had his eyes....and his Popo's (Kevin's dad) eyes. He was everything I could have ever dreamed of.
He had a bit of trouble with some fluid at frist, keeping the families waiting for a while,but no trouble at all eating!! He latched on ASAP, and began feeding-(thats another blog within itself....OUCH). Tristin was supper loved as soon as he was born.
His uncle Derek brought him his firsts bow, since bow season was opening the next day-a little young, but maybe in a few years he can go sit with dad, and his uncle, and cousin Denver.
We got to go home the next evening-I have to admit, I was a little nervous, but calmed because my mom was coming to help. We got through the week, with mom's help and her cooking-and now we are set for months with food..haha!! It was a blessing to have mom around to comfort and help out.
We'll enough about our happings, I'll post some pictures of our little man!!

5 comments:

Shelley said...

He's adorable, Cari!

Unknown said...

What a perfect blessing from God, Cari. I love Tristin already :)

Mary said...

oh please :)

he is so cute! i love his facial expressions. aren't they so fun! how funny that he and jake ended up being a week apart. both after we wrote "they are never going to come!" posts!!! we'll have to remember that trick for next time. hope you guys are doing well. we are thinking about and praying for you as you enjoy life with tristin! hopefully the boys can meet sooner than later!

ajphillips said...

Congratulations!!!

cheri said...

I would not have missed coming to help you! And I loved all the cooking and rocking and blessings I received from you and Kevin and Tristin. What a true blessing! I pray each day for you...and I thank God for all three of you!
mom