Saturday, October 17, 2009

Our First Outing

Well let's just start out by saying- what an experience!!!

My loving mother came to my rescue last weekend-I needed her loving support and to see her face!! I had just gotten through two days without her but didn't think I could do more! So Saturday morning my mom surprised me and I felt a huge relief! It's not that she can do a lot with Tristin, but it's her knowledge and face that can get me through! Anyways- mom annouced that my aunt Lisa and cousin Bri were coming to Austin and we were going to meet them to go shopping! I was a little nervous to get Tristin out of the house, but excited to try and feel a little normal!
So we headed down the road to Khols to shop and to test out our new Target that just opened up!!! I had been awaiting Targets opening all summer!! I bundeled Tristin up and placed a blanket over his car seat so No One at all could breath on him! We walked around and shopped, I sat a lot more than walked since this was my first walking trip in a week, and pretty soon my precious angel was ready to eat!! We sat inside the handicap dressing room and he ate for about 20 min. I placed my sweet little boy back in his car seat and we headed for the checkout counter and then to Target!

Target was amazing-I needed to pick up some nursing pads-bc I go through them like they are going out of style- and I needed a new bra and knew bras at Target wouldn't cost me $45 like the one at babies r us!
I found a bra to try on, and while looking heard a little noise and peaked in the tent I had over Tristin to see he had spit up a little! I cleaned him up and proceded to find the pads I needed and then began looking for a gift for a friend! While searching I heard something like gagging and peaked in agian to see my son projectile vomit everywhere!! I hadn't seen so much spit up come out of a one week old baby!! I quickly started crying and we headed for a dressing room to change him and for me to re group! Mom assured me he was ok and it was prob. his car seat that choked him a little. I tried on the bra and then inserted in new pads bc I soiled through the ones I had on! My mom had walked out of the dressing room for a bit and my sweet boy began crying so I picked him up to comfort him! The next thing I know I feel drips on my stomach and look down to see two LARGE wet spots and these were dripping spots not just a little wet!!
I fell apart and began to weep! My mom comforted me as I put on my jacket and held my shirt in one hand and my son with the other!
Our plans of going out to eat ended quickly and I left Target alone with Tristin to go home! I quickly called Kevin to cry and let him know of my eventful evening!
I swore I was done getting out and about- and so far I've stuck to those words but do realize I will one day overcome my fears!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh cari, i cannot picture you responding this way at all.... but how funny (for me, obviously not you :) hope your fears are overcome soon!!! i can't imagine going too long without a walmart or target trip.

Harper Kole said...

i remember a similar situation. not fun at all. that first outing is the hardest one! they get easier, i promise!!

cheri said...

Oh, my sweet Cari! I had not checked your blog until today! Seeing your sweet face was just as special to me! And to see you take such wonderful care of that precious baby! Oh...I can see and feel the love you have for him. I'm so proud of you...I think I just caught your "crying bug"...as tears are streamind down my cheeks! I love you!