Monday, January 4, 2010

Tristin's 1st Day at Daycare

Well, I've been dreading this day since October 1st when I held my little boy in my hands. Right away I was in love and couldn't wait to teach this little boy about the world and all of its wonders. I've been blessed to enjoy 3 months with Tristin, and watch him grow daily. This is honestly the best thing in life! I've gotten to witness so many accomplishments already. Watching him smile, rub his eyes when he's tired, swing and just laugh with excitement, stand up in my lap, sit up, roll over, and the list goes on. I didn't know how happy he would make me.

This morning, I didn't want to wake up-I didn't want to take my little boy to daycare for someone else to watch, because I wanted to watch him. I wanted to be there after his nap, and talk to him after he feeds, and read books. I wanted to change his diaper and hear him fuss when he was tired and ready for a nap. I know that I need to go back to work, this is what I need to do so I can bring him up the way I'd like to, but it was so very hard taking that step and letting go this morning.

I went into his room (with tears) and woke him up. We feed and played, and talked. Then loaded up in the car and took off to work. The entire way I cried...I could have helped to fill up the rivers...We got to school and he woke up..(I was really hoping he'd stay asleep so I could feel as if I was sneaking away) I handed him to Miss Mary his main teacher, and went back to the car for a load. When I came back he was smiling and kicking around. So happy. That made my heart sing. I am sooo blessed to have him, and so happy to have such a happy boy. It was good to see him smile this morning after all. I went over his schedule like his teacher couldn't read, or this was her first baby to keep. I walked out with tears falling down my checks and just took one step at a time. I really wanted to go sweep him up and take him back home, but I let go. This is one of many to come, and I didn't realize how hard it would be. He's one special boy and I will now cherish every moment we have.

However if anyone ever wins the lottery and wants to share with me, I'd love to stay home and teach my baby.

I about ran into his room this afternoon to find him being rocked, and ready to eat. He was so happy to see me. He just smiled and grinned!! We came home ( after having a quick car nap) and played and played. He was so tired. He went to bed a little after nine, and I haven't heard a peep.

I pray my week gets easier,and he keeps up his joyfulness at daycare.

3 comments:

cheri said...

You did it! I'm proud of you! I made a comment but it was on an earlier post! It was a post that came up first on your blog...anyway I love the new look and like I said earlier...gotta go..I feel a drool dribbling!

Mary said...

so proud of you! i think day 2 is harder than day 1 though :( if we win the lotto, we can share and both stay home!

Lacey Jenkins said...

Your post made me cry! You're such a great mom. Now you two will cherish every moment together.