Monday, November 23, 2009

Christmas Decor

What a joy it is to be able to decorate for Christmas. I absolutely love this time of year. I enjoy decorating, the scents, the food, the tree, the belief that there is a Santa Claus-which I can't wait to start with Tristin, and I will hurt who ever tells him he isn't real-the traditions, the time shared with family-everything.

Christmas always started early for my family. We always got to spend Thanksgiving with my Mamaw, my mom's mom, and her entire family would come and we'd have Christmas! It was a blast spending the week with my family. We spent time with everyone, each of my moms brothers and sisters were there and their kids-and their kids kids who were more my age!!We would eat lunch, sing songs, watch football, ride on my Uncle Terry's wheelchair, play dress up, and sing more songs. We were an eclectic group let me tell ya. Anyways-it was always fun coming back to school and writing on the topic of-what did you do over your thanksgiving break, b/c I got to write about having Christmas.

Christmas would soon arrive, and I can remember the joys of getting into our footed pjs-sleeping in the same room as my brother and sister anxious for what Christmas day had in store for us. We would watch Troy on the weather before bed, to see where Santa was-I swear my sister/brother/and I heard Santa on the roof one night ;). The joys of getting the Oreos out and milk-(I wonder if my parents really ate/drank our treat?)

The joys of waking up in the morning and seeing what had been left-I remember one Christmas morning I woke up supper early-it was the year I received my little tykes play house-and I played with my playhouse for an hour-then went back to bed, and woke up when my brother/sister woke up and acted soo surprised. I mean I was-I had wanted this doll house for so long-I remember playing nonstop with that set-I hope I can get Tristin good gifts like that.

Now-Kevin and I get to begin our journey and traditions with Christmas. I absolutely can't wait! I get all giddy inside when I think about it!

Here are some pictures of the house-which by the way took me all day-since Tristin needed feeding assistance from time to time :). Enjoy-



This tree is in our study-it has all of our (my)Hallmark ornaments on it. Each year mom would get us an ornament that was part of our collection and we add to it yearly. I collect puppy love :) Since 91 I believe. We haven't found a good one for Kevin yet-they don't fit his personality. I can't wait to start one for Tristin!
Our Living Room tree- The star hasn't made it to the top yet-b/c I can't reach it!!
Kitchen table decor
Can't see a whole lot, but some decor-
I love these stockings
Our dinning room-
Our newest stockings-Kevin, Me, Tristin, and Kooper(our dog)
Aww..my snow people!!!

3 comments:

cheri said...

Oh...you made me cry! I love Christmas and I'm so glad you have good memories of our holiday...especially with Mamaw! Wasn't that great fun? Remember Roo too too and the 12 days of Christmas? Remember when you got mad at me when you found out about Santa....and then the Easter Bunny? Such fun! I remember y'all looking out the upstairs window and "seeing Santa"...even Derek and he was 9 or 10! Make good memories and good traditions! YOur home looks beautiful! I can't wait to see it!

The Poe Family said...

I love the decorations...I have put up my tree and that is it. Averi wanted to get the decorations our last night but I refused to go our after dark to look for them. The LED lights had me in such a funk I couldn't motivate myself to put on any decorations. But, you have motivated me. I can't wait to see y'all...has Tristin been asking about me??? Be safe and we'll see you in a couple of days.

The Poe Family said...

apparently I can't type the word out. I consistently typed "our" in my comment.