Monday, November 23, 2009

Pregnancy-anxious

I just had the opportunity to sit down and read Lacey's blog over the wonderful joys pregnancy brings us-the gas(I had it major)-the extra hair-the awkwardness during your first few months, because you feel huge, but don't look it at all, and you do have a beer looking gut for a long time,-however you also feel everyone should be able to tell your expecting and comment-but if they do comment, you think you must look awful and really big since deep down you know you aren't that big yet. Wow..It brings about anxious minds, from the day you find out your expecting. You worry/are anxious for the first 3 or so months, hoping everything goes as planned, then once you cross that milestone you are anxious to know the sex, then once you find that out you reach the anxious stage of really showing, that moves quickly into wanting he/she out, and you left anxious and wondering what he/she will look like. Then when they arrive your anxious to get home and start your family, and very soon reality hits and your anxious to get sleep-the sleep you thought you weren't getting in the last weeks before their birth-o if I would have only known.

I love my little boy-I enjoy watching his milestones, but once again I'm left anxious because I can't wait for him to laugh, or roll over, or sit up, and crawl. I honestly can't wait to see him in his carhart overalls and cowboy boots, walking beside his dad as they "work" outside. I can't wait to see his face the day he discovers mud, or the day he looks at me from being away-and comes running to me. I am anxious to see his first school picture, what sport if any (he better in our family) choose to love. I'm anxious to hear stories of a day spent with his dad. I'm anxious to watch him grow-But most of all I'm anxious for it to not go so fast. I want to treasure it all.

I have to say-Lacey if your reading this-enjoy it. Be anxious-but don't let it get to you. I believe my mom now when she said it will happen when it happens-or to relax. Go out and have fun-even if you are tired,or have gas. Go to the movies-out to eat-not getting to do these is life changing-but worth it-but I do wish we'd been a little more adventurous!!

I know now when number 2 comes (it will be a while) that I'm going to try my best to enjoy it-I know I'll have new circumstances with a little boy to take care of at the same time-which I'm sure will still leave me anxious.

2 comments:

cheri said...

Oh girl! That word ANXIOUS....it is what it is! A crazy worD that you can't seem to escape! Enjoy...each minute...each day...each accomplishment and like you told Lacey...ENJOY!

The Poe Family said...

So true...I couldn't have said it better.