Monday, November 2, 2009

Rash

Well..lets just say I've been trying to post about my lovely rash for the last week. Every time I log in, I can't pull up pictures to show,or I fall asleep, or my little precious boy needs loving. So I'm going to attempt some much needed blogging.

It all began a few weeks ago-I noticed something itch itch itching on my breast. I honestly didn't think much of it with all the changes and new things that pop up after having a child, and passed it off with my mothers suggestion as stretch marks. (I just knew it itched). I had a few dry spots on my legs (or so I thought) and attempted to keep lotion on them. Now with that being said, I usually only put lotion on after a shower/bath, and well lets face it, I had some days without a daily cleansing. :( Meaning-no lotion, so I'd scratch here and there.
I then went home to Hamilton last weekend to finally show my mom, sister, and sister-in-law my "stretch marks-on my breast" and they replied with their "i'm sorry"look but told me they'd clear up. I lowered my shirt, to see how far they came out and was satisfied to see I still had an ok cleavage line..haha...

Well the day progressed and I began to really itch...I then showed my mom my legs, and that was the deciding factor that I didn't have stretch marks, but a rash!! It was itching all over..my legs, my arms, my back! We trekked up to the local Hamilton ER, since it was Sunday-and after sitting for a little over an hour-decided to fix it with some over the counter meds, my OB said were ok and call it day. This didn't last long-Kevin and I got ready to leave and the tears ran down my face I itched soooo bad...WHY though?

We stayed the night with mom again to get up in the morning and swing by my OB-who didn't have a true cure-just meds-and a stumped look. I don't remember much this day-I slept a lot from the medication and car ride, and from staying up with Tristin.

Mom came that night to help out, a huge relief,and then I went back with her Wednesday to continue getting help! I went to the doctor in Hamilton on Thur. to try and get more answers, since I'd cancelled out all food changes, we'd re-washed clothes/sheets, and I couldn't think of anything else to cause a rash. Once again, we had no idea on the rash, or the cause, but we did bump up the meds. :)

Its getting a little better....it doesn't look so bad, but it still itches!! I pray it goes away by the end of next week-when the meds run out!! :)








1 comment:

cheri said...

OOOH! I had forgotten it looked so bad! Hope it goes away fast! I know it's driving you crazy...the itch and the not knowing what it is!