Friday, June 19, 2009

Travis comes to visit..




Today was a relaxing day...I kept my phone off and laid in bed or on the couch for the majority of the day. I did get up to take Kooper (our dog..pic below) for a mile jog. Its nice to have a jogging partner since Kevin doesn't like it. So I love Kooper for that! When we got back in, I laid around a little longer and finally got up to shower and become presentable for our company..even though its just Kevin's brother.



Travis finally arrived around 5ish and we hung around the house..got to watch some more golf which was boring of course...and then we headed out the door to spend some of his Cabelas gift card money. What is it with men and Cabelas? They could really shop in that store for days...go round and round and look at the fake deer heads that resemble ones that have been shot, and talk about the glory days of when they saw this, or tried to call up that. They of course can always find something that I personally feel could have been found on eBay or craigslist for a heck of alot cheaper, but they spend the big money for it b/c it came from Cabelas. For Keivn's next bday I think I'll just drop him off...no money really needed..but drop him off and let him circle and window shop..haha.

Anyways..he arrived and we stayed in Cabelas for almost 3 hours...I can't even stay at the mall that long and go in every store...and we just stayed in one. Afterwards we headed to Chills for a wonderful meal...paid by Travis...that was delicious going in, but Tristin isn't liking it now. I'm guessing you can imagine the outcome. This is a big bummer, b/c I really just want to sleep..but he is moving all around, so that isn't possible right now, and my stomach hurts.

Tomorrow we are off to purchase fathers day gifts. This time we will circle in Academy...which is like the Walmart of Cabelas..This store appeals to me a little more, however I'll want to look at clothes that I can't buy b/c I can't wear them....or shoes that I don't need AT ALL. This should be fun!! To those that don't know me..shopping isn't my favorite thing to do. Its ok if I'm on a mission-when I really need something...but when you go just to look...I get bored..and those are the days nothing ever looks good when I try it on.

After our purchases we will head to La Grange for some family action and Father's day lunch on Sunday at the in laws. I believe next weekend we'll head to H-town to have some family time with my dad-and watch Denver(my nephew) play some baseball. It should be fun!

I'm going to try and post a few pictures. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend-and take some time to thank God for your dads, and to thank him for everything around you. I know I really thank him for this little man he's chosen for me to have.

1 comment:

cheri said...

oh, you can't even imagine how much you'll love that "little man"!